Normally you would get sufficient Boron through plants and vegetables, but New Zealand soils are Boron-deficient which means we all get inadequate levels of Boron to maintain optimal functioning.
How does that manifest itself? The easiest example to point to is the rate of Arthritis; high by world standards at 20%, especially compared to countries that have adequate supplies of Boron in the soil. The average Israeli gets about 8mg of Boron a day through plants and the Arthritis rate is around 3%.
There are some other amazing benefits including enhancing testosterone levels and improving estrogen production.
Personally I have been taking Boron for the last 6 years and count it as one of the cornerstones of good health. In the first few weeks of supplementation I could feel a whole range of changes. I don’t have arthritis but I do have joint damage from long-term running and the joints felt almost immediately freer. I had more energy and I can remember my thinking being clearer. In fact I remember a couple of weeks of jumping up-and-down on the spot to try and figure out what was happening with my joints; why they felt much freer.
Boron is an all-natural mineral salt and you are buying the dug out of the ground version without any additives or processing. (see the mule trains in the images that used to haul it out of Death Valley in the USA). It’s included in many mineral supplements but not in quantities that will be effective.
It has extremely low toxicity; lower than common salt.
If taken daily according to instructions your purchase will last you approximately 2 years.
Things you should know:
1. Boron is essential for the proper metabolism of calcium and magnesium
2. It is a successful treatment for arthritis. Significant improvement is noticed in most people. It effectively increases calcium integration into the cartilage and bones
3. It enhances testosterone levels in males
4. It builds bone strength by working in tandem with calcium and is essential for the metabolization of some minerals that are involved in bone development
5. It improves the production of estrogen in menopausal women and increases the levels of natural sex hormones in the body
6. It can ease the symptoms such as hot flushes and night sweats associated with menopause
7. Studies, many, show enhanced brain functioning, hand-eye coordination and short-term memory improvement, and
8. It can significantly alleviate the difficulties caused by congestive heart failure conditions